Tuesday 31 December 2013

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION



I thought it would be a good idea if all five us put down a New Years Resolution for wargaming.  Not a period or battle that we intend to put on (We have already committed to to this in our 2014 agenda) but something more general and fundamental to our approach to wargaming.

For example, mine will be to use technology more often in my games.  I have a projector, an i-pad and access to this blog and I should ensure that I use them to enhance every game I put on.  It should be as important as the scenario, how well the troops are painted or how good the terrain is laid out.  By this time next year this approach should be a seamless part of my games.

 We had some great games in 2013 and I feel our whole approach has moved up a gear, especially with the shared use of this blog.  So, have a think and commit to a wargames resolution for 2014, you know you'll feel better!

8 comments:

Ian said...

Ah well this doesn't look like a popular post. I shall return to the west and diminish!

jono said...

And forever remain Galadriel

Russ said...

It would be good if I could aim to get my armies and terrain all done plus some playtesting of the rules with a view to putting Flodden on as a game at the Joy Of Six show in July.

mark said...

I didn't know you were moving to bangor

jono said...

I've thought long about this one and i have decided that this year I will not blame Mark when he and I lose a battle. Oh wait ( let me borrow your general) it is his fault. When that didn't last long did it.

Broeders said...

My resolution? To get my AWI armies painted. It's going to take a lot of time and effort!

mark said...

My resolution to get all my armies painted by someone else
Its going to take no time at all and no effort on my part.

jono said...

What! No more yellow camels