Saturday 30 May 2015

This one's for Phil




Phil was asking about a suitable Renaissance castle in 6mm the other day and by sheer coincidence I had just ordered the above which would look well in Northern Italy or in the Appenines.  Remember we rolled for a fortification in our our last Renaissance game!

I bought this last week from a German railway store and it was delivered yesterday.  Really good service and with a good exchange rate it was the cheapest I have seen for a while.

I've been keeping my eye out for this for some years but have never gotten round to buying it as you can't get hold of it in the UK.  It's 10mm or Z scale, which can often fit in with 6mm especially with stand alone or feature pieces.  I've checked the parts and they should look good with my other castle features.

This should be suitable for central and eastern European battles, including the Balkans, Black Sea and Scandinavian theatres.  I think it would look right in the Pyrenees (Mark can confirm).  Late middle ages to WW2, I have even seen it a big club game at Deeside using it as a Warsaw Pact communication centre set in the Coldwar.

It will have to wait until after Joy of Six and I think it would look well being besieged by the Duke of Burgundy whilst the Swiss march to its relief.

3 comments:

Russ said...

I really like this, it's rather quirky and will fit in nicely in a wide range of theatres

mark said...

Cool castle
Prague castle in the middle ages had tbe same tower arrangement
witj the tiled roof (sligjtly romanised)

Broeders said...

Holy crap : that looks brilliant. Just what I was looking for.