I have to admit, I'm looking forward to our next operational outing as this will be the first time we have a C in C player for both sides. Frank and Ozy have stepped up to the challenge and I am hoping that this will give another level of depth to the game and also make the game run more smoothly.
The following are the C in C rules.
- The C in C will issue all orders and draw command arrows. These will be communicated to subordinates by text. One order per subordinate player can be issued each turn.
- The C in C cannot move beyond the Reserve Table base line unless they deploy themselves as a unit and travel to visit their subordinates. Whilst deployed they cannot communicate except by text. If a C in C and subordinate commander are in contact on the same table they may talk together (this is the only opportunity for huddling in a corner and whispering!).
- The C in C may talk directly to their subordinates but the subordinate must be at the furthest forward table of their deployed units (this way we do not need complicated wireless intercept rules).
- The C in C is responsible for all reserve commitments.
- The C in C will coordinate all Aircraft attacks.
- The C in C will coordinate all off table artillery and be responsible for ammunition usage.
- Subordinate commanders are allowed to initiate break offs.
That's it! Hopefully simple and fun. Let me know if you can think of anything I have missed. This should be my last blog amendment before the game.