Thursday 24 September 2015

Renaissance Project



Mark was good enough to return my wad of unpainted H & R Persians & Greeks a few weeks ago.

I started re basing the painted Persians on 40mm wide bases with renewed vigour.

I was looking at DBA and Field Of Glory, I even borrowed Steve Oates rules for ancients but in the end I have finally realised that i neither have the time or the inclination to bother with Ancients for the foreseeable future. The figures are now "archived". I might dig them out again one day....

With work commitments becoming more demanding I don't have as much time in the evening as I used to, I think this has made me think about what I actually want to do with my painting time...

Being practical I look back at the fine games we have played over the summer with our Renaissance armies and am very likely to make a purchase soon on another army of the period.

I know that whatever I decide to paint will see action as all my POW armies have had good use to date.

So....


The shortlist is

German states 1550-1636
Italian States 1494-1560

I am almost sold on the Germans, simply because of the Tercio's available.


We shall see....










No comments: