Tuesday 24 July 2018

Milestone reached

I finally finished my WW2 desert campaign figures in April but didn't post anything as I had one or two small items to finish off.  At JoS I picked up three jeeps to complete some extra brigade HQs for the British.

The final units completed!
 OK, I will probably add a few extras from time to time - but that's the joy of completing a project - one or two items are not a big job but can add that extra flavour to a particular scenario or even extend the period.  I could tropicalise some German para's to fight in Alamein, Tunisia and Sicily.  I am very tempted to build a Herman Goering Division to fight in Tunisia and Sicily so I can add Nebelwerfers, quad AA, PzIIIN etc.  And already partially built are my Vichy French, who will withstand Mark's Americans in the Torch landings, then switch sides to fight the Axis - as well as fight a major campaign against the British in Syria and Madagascar.  But maybe I should concentrate on finishing my other projects first!

2 years of rebasing.
In the meantime, I am still progressing with my desert terrain.  The cultivated areas are now completed and I am half way through the mountain ranges - although a railway embankment and tunnel complex are tempting me to expand this project.

The base boards for a desert city scape are in place and I am painting up various buildings for potential use in Tunisia, Sicily and, my latest project, the Iran-Iraq War - which I will post in the near future.

I will re-visit my "thinking out loud" post before long and evaluate my progress.  However, I have a raft of games lined up and I need to get them played!

1 comment:

Russ said...

That's a massive amount of re basing to do. Now wonder it took you so long! You have done a great job with this Project Ian. Well done. Look forward to having some games with these