Monday 12 November 2018

Post battle points

A few points from the operational battle on Sunday

a) Happy with the ability to choose aircraft each air phase rather than just at the start of the battle?

b) Is the 2 base corridor for medium bombers too powerful - should the effect be lessened e.g if on bombs of  4, should a medium bomber have a 2 base corridor but be on a bombs 5 instead

c) Should aircraft be 'called in' on battalions that can be seen by opposing battalions (like artillery)?  Also should aircraft be allowed to attack unspotted enemy markers

d) Are we agreed in terms of line of supply that it cannot be traced back along a contested table?

Also any comments as to how to improve things for the next battle (be brutal - I have thick skin and want to know how best to run one!).


1 comment:

Ian said...

Great game on Sunday. If you want any criticisms I would say get the troops marked up before the game - but I appreciate what a mammoth job it is preparing an operational game and its not until after you've put one on that you realise what is essential to its smooth running - so, really Phil, I think you did a very good job.

In your outline above I think (A) was a very good innovation and gives plenty of options for the future. (B) I like the bombers as they are easy to shoot down but devastating against the right target - without Luftwaffe support I would not have dented Russ' attack. I need to post a protocol for (C) and firm up on air rules in general. Again I need to firm up on rules for (D) but yes I agree with what you have written.