Sunday 10 February 2019

Age Of Eagles - French Painting Progress



Just over a Month on from when by Baccus order arrived I have made steady progress on the Age Of Eagles French Army. I have been painting as much as I can find the spare time, the weekends have been the most productive as I it's the best time to prep more figures and get them primed.


Here are some photos of my finished and based up brigades.





FRENCH INFANTRY OF THE LINE 1809






The infantry are much quicker to paint than the bloody cavalry!






FRENCH CUIRASSIER'S



It's taken me a full week to paint his brigade up. I took a lot longer than I anticipated but I really wanted to put everything into getting a nice paint job.


I am pleased by how nice these have turned out. I was careful not to accentuate the blue uniform too much as I was trying to make the figures look bright but retain the depth of the uniform. I do tend to make my figures look deliberately brighter as I feel that 6mm needs to stand out.



CHASSEUR'S A CHEVAL




FULL ARMY SO FAR.

The Limbers and 6 and 12 Pounder artillery units were more fun to paint than I imagined. Normally I truly hate painting Limbers but these were done fairly quickly.



My next push is to paint up my divisional and corps commander stands, then complete another 23 stands of line infantry this will give me 40 stands of infantry which should be more than enough to get some brigades on table on a Thursday night and thump Jon's Austrians.

Out of £130 worth of figures I will still have around 16 bases of Grenadiers and another brigade of Cuirassier and Dragoons plus some limbers.

If everyone enjoys the rules and I get more inspiration from playing I will possibly order more stuff to build on the army for bigger games.

Jon - please send the the orders of battle so I can focus on specific builds. Thanks


4 comments:

Ian said...

They are looking really good. It looks like you have enough figures to put on a simple game straight away.

mark said...

Very nice Russ

jono said...

Russ , Sent it to you now.

Russ said...

Got it, Thanks Jon.