Saturday 30 March 2019

Adhesive Board - Experiment Stopped!

Well, I cut the foamex board to 1200 x 600mm to match Marks flock roll. Things progressed a bit slowly as the adhesive roll was not wide enough so I had to manually patch it together.

An hour later after realising the adhesive was like handling nuclear chud I had a board covered.

I was about to peel the liner off and stick the flock roll on but wisdom got the better of me so I decided to halt proceedings at that point.

I am concerned that when trying to stick the flock roll on it will just wreck it as the adhesive has not play in it. It is basically 100% grab as soon as you put anything into contact with it.

So choices now are

1. PVA - Not that impressed with the result. My last effort just fell away from the board.
2. EVOSTICK - contact adhesive - may be an option, certainly great to get high on if anything!
3. Some spray adhesive - Well Screwfix sell a no nonsense brand spray contact adhesive for £3.99 which gets very good reviews. Link below

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-contact-adhesive-natural-500ml/32657?tc=CT6&ds_kid=92700023138985209&ds_rl=1249416&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249481&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=CjwKCAjwp_zkBRBBEiwAndwD9RTW6Vyh92arAQFYOiYlvYnsHHj-F545es17Ldk-nDQy12rVUwLOEhoC8EMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds


Will bring the board down on Thursday....

3 comments:

Ian said...

I think PVA will work. It will give plenty of give to enable some slip and slide. What if you laid the grass mat face down and placed the glued board onto it and then trimmed any excess off after?

My other concern is making the grass stay on. I'm looking at those cheap garden hand sprays with a trigger and using a PVA/water mix to adhere the stuff?

Russ said...

I'll try PVA then and seen how it works. Undiluted straight from the bottle.

A garden spray bottle will do the trick and I think the watered down PVA might hold the grass in place but possibly need 2 coats?

We will get there in the end!

Broeders said...

https://youtu.be/rphfWlU_elk

This link will help