Sunday 30 December 2018

Fistful Of TOWS 3 Rules




Spearhead has always been my go to rule set and I have no gripes with the WW1 or WW2 versions of the rules. They have provided me with many hours of enjoyment over the Years.

When we decided to buy into the Modern period it was an auto pilot decision to go for Modern Spearhead.

I have spent a great deal of time and money building my Soviet Army which is over 60% completed but I am just not inspired to play these rules again.

There was only one other option on the table, find something else that will cater for Regimental / Divisional level operations.

I stumbled on A Fistful Of TOW's 3 which little wars TV has a great review of here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsnqdn8oBuY

If you take the time to watch the video you will see the appeal of this rule set.

It's fast play, the rules are slick and elegant and 100% points based. No re basing required and designed for micro armour.

The book is massive and contains a huge amount of army lists spanning from WW1/WW2 and moderns.


I will probably buy these in the next few weeks and aim to put on some Modern games later in Jan.

I am not asking anyone else to buy into this as the rules are not cheap but so long as you are willing to turn up and play with your figures is good enough for me!






2 comments:

Ian said...

Once you fully know the rules I am happy to play them.

Russ said...

Fair comment and taken onboard